The Delaware Advancement Corporation & Muncie-Delaware County Chamber of Commerce is looking for an Administrative Assistant.
High school diploma.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Basic accounting (understanding debits and credits, assets, liabilities, revenue, and expense accounts)
- Strong computer skills including internet
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data entry
- Problem solving
- Reconciling bank accounts to accounting software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confidentiality of HR and financial data
- Ability to learn new online software (for example, Payroll, Accounting, Event Management software)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter transactions into accounting software including Accounts Payable (expenses) and Accounts Receivable (revenue)
- Create and obtain proper signatures on purchase orders and checks
- Reconcile transactions to bank statements
- Make copies of documentation as appropriate, organize and prepare for filing
- File all documentation including purchase orders, invoices, copies of checks, etc.
- Prepare bank deposits, take deposits to banks, make deposits, return deposit receipts & file
- Update spreadsheets with account information, check spreadsheets for accuracy
- Participate in annual audits
- Pick up mail at the post office daily. Distribute mail. Open and sort mail as instructed.
- Assist with preparing cash bank bags for events
- Other duties as assigned
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm with some flexibility
$16 – $19 per hour depending on experience and education
Please drop off or send your resume to:
Muncie-Delaware County, Indiana Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development Alliance
401 S. High St. P.O. Box 842
Muncie, IN 47305